- Meet with Jeff to discuss the home selling process.
- Provide a Comparative Market Evaluation to determine the best selling price for your property.
- Together, develop the most advantageous strategy to get your property sold for the highest price possible in a time frame that is most suitable to you.
- Sign the listing agreement.
- All procedures regarding home showings are agreed to.
- All home preparation decisions and timing are made.
- Schedule for staging, home photos, HD virtual video/tours and measurements.
- Order ‘For Sale' for front lawn.
- Home is available for showings.
- Agent's open house is held, if agreed upon.
- Public Open House is held, if agreed upon.
- you will be informed in a timely manner if an offer on your property is registered with my office.
- A time will be set to meet with the buyer's representative to review and negotiate the offer.
- Finalize Agreement and receive a copy for your records.
- Deposit monies, in the form of a bank draft (unless otherwise specified) will be received and held by our brokerage within 24 Business hours of an agreement being reached.
- A home inspection, if this was a condition of the agreement, will be conducted within the stated time limits.
- Financing arrangements for the purchaser will be finalized within the stated time limits, if that was a condition of the agreement.
- All conditions, as applicable, on the Agreement of Purchase and Sale will be waived or amended, as required and you will receive copies of all signed paperwork for your files.
- Agreement of Purchase and Sale and all accompanying documentation (waivers, amendments) will be forwarded to your Lawyer and your lawyer will review all documentation.
- Book movers.
- Contact all utility, phone and cable companies, post office and alarm service (as applicable) providers to advise them of your moving date.
- Contact your Home Insurance Company and let them know of the closing date. DO NOT cancel insurance until the closing has been confirmed.
- Prior to meeting with your lawyer, you will be required to provide them with copies of your deed, most recent mortgage statement, most recent property tax bill, the property survey as you may have in your possession and if your property is a condominium, the information of the condo corporation will be required as well.
- You will meet with your lawyer the week of closing to sign all documentation to transfer title of the home to the purchasers. Please bring photo I.D. as well as keys to the property.
- On the day of closing the contract stipulates that the purchaser will have access to the home by 6:00 p.m. so you need to be out of the house by that point in time.
- All other keys, chattels, instruction manuals for chattels/fixtures can be left in the home for the purchasers.
- All money transfers will take place on the Closing Date as per the instructions with your lawyer.
Thank You for trusting me with your Real Estate Needs. Selling a home is quite often an emotional journey, please know I am here to answer any questions or concerns you may have along the way. I am committed to becoming your “Realtor for Life” and hope to earn that honor as we go through this process together.
The above steps should be considered a general guideline only. Any questions should be directed to me and most often your lawyer, for advice and direction.